Saturday 5 May 2018

Inkspirational #160

Hi there everyone. It's time for a brand new challenge over at Inkspirational

We have a beautiful colour challenge this fortnight - we would like you to use purple and gold!

Here is my card -


I embossed my butterflies with gold powder and die cut them out. I used Zig Makers to watercolour them. I have layered them over each other and popped up a couple using foam tape.

I also embossed my sentiment. A last minute decision was to add some Aged Wine Embossing Enamel but I'm not sure it was really the right thing to do but after adding the few sequins, I quite like the effect.


This card is going to my Mum for Mother's Day :)

Supplies Used:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -


Sunny Day Crafting - Butterflies and other Garden Critter
Eclectic Ellapu - Mother's Day


Thanks for popping in and I would love to see you over at the challenge blog.

14 comments:

  1. You know I am doing a happy dance over this card. I love it-just perfection. The different shades of purple work so well and with the gold....on my! I do like that background-is it brushos? And I like the sentiment is that colour. One of my fav cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a vibrant and eye catching card. Love those beautiful butterflies and love the aged wine enamel powder on the background...I think it sets off your card beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know my response to your gorgeous kaleidoscope of butterflies: swooning! Big swooning! The enamel powder adds a special touch; great decision to add it, along with the sequins (I'm sequin challenged...can never figure out how to place them without having them look like an 'after-thought').
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kylie. The purple and gold design is so striking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like the butterflies have dusted themselves off on the card! Gorgeous effect and so rich and royal. Thanks for sharing with us at Eclectic Ellapu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love that explosion of butterflies! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Cute! Thanks for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such regal butterflies. The gold and purple is so beautiful on this card and I love how the butterflies look like they're in flight. Thanks so much Kylie for sharing on the "Feminine Anything Goes" challenge this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, Kylie! I love the gorgeous shades of purple against the heat embossed gold. What an elegant look! The splatter is just the right finishing touch along with the sequins. If butterflies have royalty, these would be princesses. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fantastic! Those butterflies and your addition to of the purple coloring are stunning!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your butterflies turned out wonderful!Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Kylie! Love the butterflies, and such a great colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Kylie, love the butterflies in gold embossing and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card. Thank you for joining us this month and good luck in the challenge form Eclectic Ellapu!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.