Saturday 1 July 2017

Inkspirational is going Rural

Hi everyone, today we have a brand new challenge for you at Inkspirational!


rural
ˈrʊər(ə)l/
adjective

in, relating to, or characteristic of the countryside rather than the town. 


We have a LOT of rural areas in Australia which isn't surprising as it is massive. Even though our country is huge we only have a population of around 23 million with 85% living in the more urban (coastal) parts of the county. So when we talk rural, I think of little country towns, lots of land, and farms. 

Did you know that the worlds largest cattle station (ranch) can be found in South Australia and is over 6 MILLION acres. That's one large rural property!

Here is my card -


I had plenty of ideas for this theme though many of them didn't quite work out. I have to be honest and say I wasn't 100% happy with this card :( 


Yeah, it's a little cute..... I'm sure it's missing something (no, I left the sentiment off on purpose).... Maybe because it is purely made out of dies?? I dunno! Constructive criticism is most welcome :)

Anyway, this was the design I had in my head but when put on paper it just didn't work out. 

I'm sure you will come up with something fantastic for our challenge!! I can't wait to see your entries.

Thanks for popping in xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love this scene. I like how you kept the houses in kraft, makes them really seem rural. I think leaving the sentiment off some cards is a good idea as here it would be too much and then you can decide later what to use it for. Plus thanks for the education!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great to me - particularly like the sun and clouds arrangement and the rolling hills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scene Kylie! Love the houses in Kraft along the hil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Kylie! Sensational card. I love the space that I see in this card. True freedom of large open spaces. Impression is awesome!
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back from two weeks at my mom's, followed by a weekend of officiating bike races and preparing for a wee vacation with my husband, starting next Saturday...and finally taking a 'breath' to comment! I think your scene is lovely; it reminds me of 'life on an acreage' with the rolling hills and the houses 'close' but not too close. Love the open space...and if I lived in such a place, I'd have a puppy, a kitten, a couple cows, maybe a pig *grin* Inspired and inspiring!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.