Saturday 3 January 2015

HLS CAS Challenge - Watercolour


Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by!

Over at Happy Little Stampers, we have a brand new monthly challenge. As well our our Sketch Challenge, we now have a Clean and Simple Challenge which is being run by my good friend, Loll Thompson. Thanks so much for your efforts, Loll. You know I love you :)

On the 3rd of each month, we will have a brand new CAS challenge for you. Each one will have a different theme. Here is this month's theme -


Easy! Create a clean and simple card/project and use watercolouring.


Here is my card -



For instructions on how I made this card, please watch my tutorial below :)




I really hope to see you join in with this challenge. 

If you enter our challenges, don't forget to upload your projects over at the Forum as well as the Blog. If you do, all entries into our monthly challenges will go into a random draw to receive a prize!

Thanks for looking xx

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your acrylic block watercolouring techniques Kylie! I used your first tutorial when I made my team card for the new CAS Challenge at HLS. This card is so gorgeous with the combination of soft blue and pink with the dark, chocolate brown - wow! And I love the twist of using the acrylic block to make splats ... so much easier (and less messy) than with a paint brush! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Kylie! I love the contrast in your color palette and your splatters are so pretty! Thank you again for the video...I'm definitely going to try this technique for my card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. like the contrast between the card base and soft colours of the watercolouring x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous Kylie, I LOVE that colour combo! Thanks for the inspiration! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the video! I never saw anyone use an acrylic block to add splotches so I learned something new!! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie, a fabulous card and thanks so much for the terrific tutorial. It was most helpful to see the creation process and I will be trying your acrylic block Splat technique. Thanks for that tip too! Hope your New Year was grand, and also hope I can find some time to join in with the HLS challenges later this month. Big hugs & TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those colors, Kylie! Cool video...thanks for the info! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! And, do I ever love your new header for your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this design , ur choice of soft colors is amazing, hope to play along soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great design, Kylie! Love the splats! I've gotta try that!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.